1. AICP Democracy and Counter Extremism Think Tank
The AICP Think Tank will act as a centre for dialogue and policy making:
- To defend human rights and democracy based on freedom, the right of expression and rejection of domination within a secular state based on the idea of full citizenship for all residents.
- To promote the principle of equality based on social, economic and cultural justice and an equitable distribution of wealth, while acting against the exploitation and plundering of the wealth of nations and peoples.
- To combat the culture of extremism, racism, colonialism, hegemony, exploitation and wars.
2.AICP Youth for Development and Transformation
AICP youth programs will employ a variety of interactive and interdependent activities that build upon each other:
- Capacity building and mentoring: Workshops, seminars, courses, tours and field visits to learn about the social and political issues facing Palestinians and in particular Palestinian youth and other minority and/or marginalised groups within Palestinian society.
- Voluntary work: Reviving the concept of voluntary work through development and support for youth-led field initiatives.
- Learning, experience sharing and exchanges: Creating and sustaining a platform on which diverse Palestinian populations, including Muslims, Christians, urban and rural residents, Bedouins and refugees, young and adult women and men can meet and learn together, overcoming social, religious, gendered and geographical divisions that currently keep them apart and help to sustain stereotypes and limited understandings.
- Encounters with political parties and NGOs: Facilitating exchanges with these social groups and training youth to hold them accountable.
- Public events and media work: Encouraging Palestinian youth to share their problems, ideas and solutions with the wider Palestinian public, opening up discussions and avenues for exchange.
- Public advocacy campaigns: Transforming the knowledge, understandings and relationships gained into wider advocacy campaigns to impact and benefit both youth and Palestinian society as a whole.